Director of Perioperative Services opportunity in Level II Trauma Facility at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center! We are located in Vancouver, Washington (minutes from Portland, Oregon).
Lead a highly-skilled team of nurses, who take pride in our Mission-driven, patient-focused environment.
We have 18 total ORs: 13 in the main area, 2 CVORs, and 3 ORs for ENT and Eyes. We do open heart, general surgery, gynecology, TAVRs, and ortho surgery, no transplants or burns.
Our 450 bed hospital offers our community dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, comprehensive heart and vascular, interventional stroke care, bone and joint, brain and spine, cancer and birthing services. We are a Level II trauma center but also provide level I trauma care.
Our ideal candidate will be an innovator who has strong leadership skills, desire and ability to provide mentoring to new and tenured managers, process improvement expertise and ability to think outside of the box.
This position requires 7+ years Periop RN experience, and 5+ years management experience. Active Washington State RN license or ability to obtain prior to hire, and a BSN or greater required.
Competitive compensation and robust benefits package. Relocation assistance is available!
Please apply online to be considered for this opportunity, we welcome your application!
Directs, controls and is accountable for assigned Service Lines. Develops long and short term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
Responsible for providing operational leadership and for planning, developing and directing patient care programs and related capital projects for assigned area.
1. Provides leadership for operational effectiveness, clinical excellence and personnel management. Supervises staff for assigned services and programs across multiple geographies and multiple departments. Leads all hospital departments and co-leads all assigned/associated PHMG clinics.
2. Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired outcomes in collaboration with medical directors, leadership, department chairs and medical staff.
3. Provides fiscal and business planning that promotes revenue enhancements and cost efficiency. Develops, implements and monitors operating and capital budgets. Accountable for meeting budgetary and operational targets as defined by triple aim outcomes
4. Directs recruitment, training and evaluation of personnel in collaboration with hospital and PHMG.
5. Leads continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical excellence, revenue enhancement and cost efficiency. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, department managers, staff and customers that lead to measurable improvement in patient care outcomes, efficiency and customer service.
6. Supports clinical processes that assure patient safety. Accountable for knowledge of and for achieving or exceeding national benchmarks and patient safety goals for scope of accountability.
7. Ensures regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility.
8. Monitors, communicates, and works to improve patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
9. Plans, develops, implements and evaluates new patient care programs and practice models including identification of clinical objectives, capital and other resource requirements, expected operating revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of program personnel and other operation components.
10. In alignment with established strategic initiatives; creates effectives outreach programs in order to meet the needs of patients in secondary and tertiary market areas.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field required, preferably in Nursing or related healthcare field.
Master's degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
Nursing Roles: BSN or MSN required upon hire.
Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
Demonstrated experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
If RN: Current clinical licensure in the state of practice as required in order to practice.
Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
Effective communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
Demonstrated ability to be flexible, lead change, remain current with healthcare environment changes and translate those changes into operational plans to discern and interpret the potential impact on assigned departments/community (s).
Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship – the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver, WA community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, WA, Southwest Medical Center (150) Job Category: Administrative; Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other; Professionals - Clinical Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $62.98, more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver, WA || Administrative; Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other; Professionals - Clinical || Full Time || HOSPITAL ADMIN
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout th...e Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth. PeaceHealth is an EEO/AA Employer.