We are seeking a Food Service Manager to manage the Food Service Department at MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center In Laguna Hills, CA. The Manager collaborates with hospital administration, medical staff, hospital departments, Kitchen Supervisors and the Manager of Nutrition Services. You will oversee our fine dining operations, from employee management to event marketing. The Food Service Manager directly supervises two Kitchen and Diet Office Supervisors, the Buying/Catering Coordinator and the Chef. You will be leading our team in the pursuit of continued excellence and will have a chance to make a difference in how our vision is achieved. The Food Service Manager is accountable to the Manager of Nutrition Services, Administration, County, State, and Federal agencies as well as the Joint Commission with regards to all laws, guidelines, and regulatory and patient safety standards.
The scope of the department operations includes patient meal service to approximately 150-200 patients daily, cafeteria operations from 6:45 am to 9:00 pm serving 650 customers per day, doctors’ dining serving 200 meals per day, catering, and nourishment stocking of 20 departments.
* Three years of progressive supervisory experience in food service, preferred experience in a hospital setting
* Advanced competency of menu and recipe development for therapeutic diets
* Food Safety Certificate
* Knowledgeable regarding menu planning, forecasting, merchandising, recipe standardization, catering, normal and therapeutic diets
* Knowledgeable regarding Title XXII, Joint Commission standards, County and State Health Department regulations
* Demonstrated experience and competency in performance improvement, customer satisfaction of food service, financial management, personnel management, purchasing, and operational workflow
* Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Strong computer literacy in e-mail, Microsoft Office and the Internet; experience with Computrition and Epic highly desirable; strong aptitude to use computer software and technology for performing functions of job
* Ability to work collaboratively with peers, staff, management and physicians
* Creativity in menu and recipe development, program development and ability to develop business plans
* Associates or Bachelor’s degree in food service management preferred
* Registered Dietitian (RD) preferred.
Internal Number: SAD002238
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.