In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great options and great opportunities. Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Located just 45 minutes north of Denver, Northern Colorado offers trendy restaurants, a thriving retail sector, and endless cultural amenities. Between wildflower-filled meadows and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, you will find adventures by horse, mountain bike and boat plus, endless hiking trails and world class skiing.
The Banner Home Medical Equipment (HME) department is looking for a Customer Care Representative to join their dynamic team! In this role you will be responsible for resupply for CPAP, Ostomy, HME Supplies, and back office duties including billing, prescriptions and authorizations. This is a full time 40 hour per week position with a varied shift of Monday - Friday from either 9am - 6:00pm or 9:30am - 6:00pm. If you are someone that is interested in serving the community with the best customer service and home medical equipment, apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Ranked in the top 25 percent of all home care agencies in the United States, Banner Home Care is the largest nonprofit, free-standing home care agency in Arizona. We provide intermittent health care for patients of all ages in the comfort of their home. Our home care team is experienced, compassionate and professional, and the results prove that Banner Home Care measures better than the national and Arizona average in almost all Medicare Quality Compare patient satisfaction results. Banner Hospice have been providing comfort care for the past 10 years in the Phoenix Metro area. The goal is to support quality of life, honor the wishes of patients, maintain the dignity of the individual and support the family through their grieving process. Inpatient Home care is also available for respite care and symptom management. The Banner Hospice Team can provide comfort to the patient and family by alleviating symptoms, by providing meaningful help and by creating an environment to develop lasting final memories.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing customers and referrals support and information to support orders and request. This position is responsible for accurate and thorough processing of order request through verification while meeting time sensitive expectations.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Handles incoming requests for referrals for new orders and refills. Receives and verifies requests and referrals, initiates insurance verification and gathers all information necessary for pre-certifications, authorizations, and certificates of medical necessity. Provides on-going follow-up of requests up to, and following, patient discharge.
2. Builds equipment order using information in patient medical record to coordinate patient services. Ability to review and offer alternate product support and suggestions to improve patient care and quality outcomes.
3. Provides verbal and written instructions to patients, families, and coordinating resources regarding provision of products and services, reimbursement and patient financial responsibility.
4. Performs data entry of patient intake information into computer system and records insurance information and authorization requirements and notes in the computer system.
5. Coordinates delivery of requested services and referrals as appropriate. Coordinates with dispatch, warehouse and clinical staff to ensure product availability and sets delivery expectations with patients and providers.
6. Facilitates problem solving with patients, hospitals, providers, referral sources, insurance companies, and clinical staff. Assists in the maintenance and communication of changing payer and referral source information specific to coordination of patient needs.
7. Incumbents in this position have extensive interaction with internal departments and external sources to coordinate patient services. Must be familiar with products and services offered in the surrounding community as well as within the company. The position does not develop or manage a budget.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires literacy and basic math skills.
Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and have familiarity with hospital operations. Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Must be proficient with commonly use office software products and possess the ability to learn new software applications.
Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R13324
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.