Under limited supervision and according to established policies and procedures, coordinates various administrative functions and clerical and/or technical staff in the assigned department. Coordinates the flow of work through the department ensuring that work is performed according to established formats and within acceptable time frames. Assists subordinate staff with complex and/or sensitive work. Develops training and orientation activities/materials for new staff. May research/analyze data and prepare reports and/or presentations, as needed. Provides assistance with special departmental projects/processes, as assigned. May develop and maintain departmental database(s). May develop/prepare correspondence and training materials to assist departmental staff. Provides input into policy development from a professional, technical or procedural perspective. As directed, provides input into procedure/protocol development, ensures compliance therewith and provides interpretation of procedural intent as requested. Monitors work flow and schedules staff accordingly. As requested, provides input on performance appraisals and personnel actions such as hires, fires, disciplines, etc.. Provides input into the development of immediate, daily and/or monthly goals and measures for area and compiles periodic unit/area performance data. Assists in the development of and monitors budget for assigned area.
Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, JCAHO requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. One to two years college-level coursework in related field or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Associate's degree in related field preferred.
2. Two to three years progressively more responsible related experience including office/personnel coordination experience. Leadership experience preferred.
1. Analytical ability to gather and interpret data, to identify discrepancies, problems or issues, to obtain advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable and to determine methods for ensuring compliance with functional/organizational/service policies and procedures.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for routine contacts with internal and some external customers/stakeholders to discuss primarily factual information. Some discretion and conflict resolution skills are exercised, primarily with people within the unit/function. Courtesy and listening skills are required. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in specific functional area is necessary.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and knowledge of various software applications.
6. For clinical areas: Broad understanding of various medical terminology in order to respond to inquires from staff, physicians, and other hospital personnel.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105020887
About DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.