A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions offer flexibility in scheduling and are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered . Registry/Per Diem positions require a minimum of 4 shifts a month commitment. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists with providing concierge service to patients, provides a high level of customer service to assist way finding. Acts as a local resource to visitors and ensures a pleasurable and safe environment for patients and guests.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Meets, greets and assists patients and guests and provides general information regarding the services, the facility, and geographical area.
2. Responds to special requests from our patients, customers and guests. Makes special arrangements to ensure unique needs are met. Assist patients and guests with scheduling transportation or other services as needed.
3. Gathers, summarizes and provides information to patients and their guests about the property and surrounding area amenities and establishments.
4. Coordinates patient needs with other departments/areas. Contracts appropriate individual or department as necessary to resolve patient's requests.
5. Coordinates access to the care delivery area, performs visitor authorization procedures, serves as a liaison between visitors and staff, relays visitor concerns to staff, and coordinates visitor support services.
6. Answers phone, transfers calls, takes messages and relays messages and information as needed.
7. Provides tours of the facility and walks customers to appropriate areas within the facility.
8. Performs functions within established parameters. Customers include patients, families, and the community at large. Expected to perform daily work duties with minimal supervision based on training and policies provided. Expected to assist with patient and guest inquiries to ensure a positive experience.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must have the ability to handle ongoing face-to-face contact with patients, guests and staff. Must possess excellent oral communication, as well as listening skills to effectively interact pleasantly and calmly with patients, guests and staff. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.