Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
Bring your desire to learn and grow with us to our ever growing Outpatient Imaging Center, where you'll be working side by side with medical staff to create a great patient experience. We are looking for a compassionate caring Front Desk Representative to join our great team of health care professionals. A love for working with a variety of patients, is a definite plus. Banner Imaging has patients from infancy to senior years. We are dedicated to providing high quality medical care to all our patients. Banner Imaging is dedicated to providing their patients with an exceptional imaging experience. Our goal is to provide the best care possible in a friendly, comfortable, and relaxed environment.
Here at Banner Imaging we embrace a positive, fun family atmosphere where we encourage our team members to learn and grow alongside a great team of individuals who are passionate about medical imaging. There is opportunities to grow within your career and promote within the company. We are open Monday-Saturday with no late evening hours. We are closed major holidays and do not have call. Our office is able to provide exceptional, consistent medical care with our dedicated staff who work together as a team to provide high-quality, comprehensive care while paying close attention to each patient's needs. We feel we have something special here at Banner Imaging and are looking forward to you joining our team. We have multiple locations across the Valley.
The schedule will be Monday - Friday varied shifts starting at 6:30am-8pm. May be scheduled to work up to 2 Saturdays a month, as needed.
Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. Medical Imaging professionals also enjoy access to: - State-of-the art technology - The latest in Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) technology - Relocation assistance - Tuition reimbursement - Continuing education programs - Career growth and promotion opportunities - Travel medical imaging technologist positions.
POSITION SUMMARY This position serves as the first point of contact between patients and the facility. Coordinates and guides patient visit from check-in to check-out. Performs various functions including, scheduling, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, and gathering patient demographic information. Answers and routes phone calls and completes daily paperwork and necessary reports.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Receives all incoming calls from both internal and external lines. Documents messages and routes to appropriate clinical staff. Transfers calls as necessary. Ensures documentation in medical record is complete including lab and test results. Assists in facilitating requests for patient medical records.
2. Receives patient in applicable systems, confirms patient demographics and insurance information and performs insurance verification when required. May be required to calculate and collect copays, deductibles, and self-pay. Totals charges on patient's super-bill at check-out. Coordinates transportation to care centers and residential homes as requested by patients or physicians.
3. Schedules, re-schedules patient's office appointments, follow-up appointments, diagnostic tests, surgeries and may provide patient with preparation instructions for exams, tests, or surgeries when required. Confirms patient appointments for the following day. May prepare patient referrals to specialty care.
4. Prints physician schedules, superbills, labels and other applicable forms in preparation for next business day. Pulls and files patient charts and prepares new patient charts as needed. Prints and files transcription notes. Provides administrative support for Physicians as needed.
5. Reconciles charge tickets to each day's schedule, identifies incomplete tickets, missing charge codes or missing diagnosis and notifies clinical staff. Forwards completed tickets and/or billing package to the business office or billing company.
6. Escorts patients back to the patient exam rooms, takes vitals and patient history, may assist with patient treatment, if required by the assigned facility.
7. Expected to perform daily work duties with minimal supervision based on training and policies provided. Additional guidance available as needed for new or unusual tasks. Required to resolve minor patient grievances. Required to have working knowledge of referral and authorization processes. Must navigate a variety of separate computer programs at any given time and handle multiple demands on time. Internal customers include all patients, staff and clinic providers. External customers include non-clinic providers and facilities.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires a demonstrated ability to multi-task between heavy phone volume, multiple computer systems and frequent interruptions. Must have the ability to handle ongoing face-to-face contact with patients and staff while functioning in a busy medical office environment.
Must be able to type a minimum of 30 wpm and perform data entry.
Six months experience working in a medical office and/or hospital setting preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred. Previous experience working with electronic medical records and insurance is preferred. Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.