Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
This position supports a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Corporate Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members, a senior director, or member(s) of facility senior leadership teams by providing clerical and administrative services and assistance, of moderate complexity, requiring the use of judgment and discretion on a periodic basis. This position may also support other SMT members or senior directors as needed.
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Corporate Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members, a senior director, or member(s) of facility senior leadership teams by providing clerical and administrative services and assistance, of moderate complexity, requiring the use of judgment and discretion on a periodic basis. This position may also support other SMT members or senior directors as needed.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office, which often can not be brought to the attention of the executive. This includes summarizing the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist their supervisor; coordinating the new information with background office sources; and drawing attention to important aspects or conflict.
2. Interprets request and helps implement action, as well as decides whether the executive should be notified of important or emergency matters, as needed. In the absence of their supervisor, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
3. Coordinates, handles, and/or completes recurring projects or one-time projects, as directed by supervisor.
4. Screens telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate management. Provides information to callers, including key internal or external sources, which requires comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, practices and operations.
5. Maintains supervisor's calendar, regularly arranging meetings, conferences, and appointments without clearance. Arranges hotel and travel accommodations for frequent, extended trips.
6. Prepares special or one time reports, presentation materials, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources. May assist in the research, analysis and interpretation of data under the direction of management.
7. Performs a broad range of administrative support details on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probable errors may have moderate effect on cost impacts on organizational outcomes.
8. May hire, train, conduct performance reviews, and direct the workflow for the department staff. This includes completing projects by assigning work to clerical staff and following-up on results.
9. This position primarily focuses on the operations of the office of the system SMT (Sr. Mgmt Team) member, senior director, facility CEO or large facility CNO to which this position reports. Responsibilities extend across organizational lines, requiring extensive interaction and involvement throughout the system/facility, as well as the community. This position routinely interacts with SMT, board members, physicians, patients, board members, employees, the media, as well as business and community leaders.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. A strong working knowledge of administrative/specialized business support services as normally demonstrated through three to four years administrative support experience at a progressively responsible level required.
Must have written communication skills to edit and proofread business correspondence and reports. Also requires the ability to type accurately and efficiently from rough draft and machine transcription or personal dictation, involving standard business vocabulary, using common word processing programs. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a thorough knowledge of organization policies, practices, and operations and oral communication skills to perform routine administrative details, such as arranging meetings, responding to non-routine inquires from telephone callers or visitors, and gathering background information for sensitive or confidential reports. Must have the ability to analyze routine administrative details of limited complexity, such as resolving minor scheduling conflicts, redirecting mail, etc. Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization. Must possess the ability to convey a professional image, as well as, effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with external customers. Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages to perform the administrative functions described above.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.